Norway’s winter skies: astronomy sailing trip
Date:22 March 2021 to 29 March 2021
Price:From £2,819 per person with flights (single cabins starting from £3,898 per person)
Come and explore the winter skies of Norway’s beautiful coastline, accompanied by an expert astronomer. This seven day voyage from Bergen to Kirkenes includes the incredible experience of an overnight stay in the SnowHotel. You’ll also enjoy a dog sledding excursion where your husky team will introduce you to the Kirkenes’s majestic arctic landscape, and there are plenty of other excursions to choose from. En route we will also be offering a series of astronomy lectures with Professor Martin Bureau, and of course, the opportunity to witness the planet’s greatest light show: The Northern Lights.
- Explore the skies of Norway’s beautiful coastline, with the opportunity to witness the Northern Lights
- Discover its coastal islands, mountains, fishing villages, cities, glaciers, cliffs and beaches
- Disembark for an overnight stay at the Snowhotel Kirkenes and a dog sledding excursion
- Enjoy a series of lectures from Professor Martin Bureau including ‘Big Toys: Light and Telescopes’, ‘The Dark Side of the Force: Dark Energy and Dark Matters’, ‘Location, Location, Location: Galaxies and Intergalactic Real Estate’
- Choose from a selection of carefully curated optional excursions
- Relax on the MS Nordnorge, with its Arctic-inspired interior
- For more information about the MS Nordnorge, please click here
Professor Martin Bureau, Professor of Astrophysics, Wadham College, University of Oxford
Previously a NASA Hubble Fellow at Columbia University, Martin’s research centres on the formation and evolution of galaxies.
Further information & bookings